AWRD (hereinafter referred to as "the Site") is a website operated by Loftwork Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "our company"). When we handle personal information, which was provided for us in your use of the Site and whose scope is stipulated in 2, we shall comply with applicable laws and regulations and guidelines for the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information Protection Laws") including "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information Protection Act") and "General Data Protection Regulations" (hereinafter referred to as "GDPR"), and the internal rules established for the protection of personal information, and endeavor to handle it with the utmost care.
2．Scope of application
The Site obtains personal information of applicants when they register their account. The personal information that applicants entered into the application form for each award, hackathon, or other events will also be shared to our company.
3．Purposes of use
Our company uses personal information for the following purposes. If our company changes the purposes of use, our Company shall announce the new purposes of use on the Site.
1. Provision of the services on the Site;
2. Communication from the Site to users;
3. Order for production work such as design production and manuscript production;
4. Statistics for the purpose of analyzing the conditions of users of the Site and improving the services;
5. Provision of information concerning the services of the Site via email newsletters and other means;
6. Communication relating to projects organized by the Site;
7. Process and management of payments for the Site's services; and
8. Provision of such personal information to subcontractors to whom our company entrusts services to the extent necessary, such as e-mail magazine distribution companies, etc, to achieve the purposes set forth in the preceding items.
4．Legal basis for process of personal information (GDPR)
The legal basis for process of personal information under GDPR is as follows:
1. If you consent to the handling of your Personal Information for one or more specific purposes; This consent is revocable.
2. If the handling is required for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or if the handling is required in order to take measures upon a request prior to the execution of the contract;
3. If the handling is necessary for our company to comply with its legal obligations to which it is subject;
4. If the handling is necessary to protect the interests concerning life of yours or other natural persons;
5. If the handling is necessary for our company to perform duties for the public interests or in the exercise of authority conferred on our company; and
6. If the handling is necessary for purposes of legitimate interests required by our company or by any third party.
5．Provision of Personal Information
Our company may disclose information concerning users to a third party if:
1. our company has obtained your consent;
2. the disclosure is required under any other law or regulation;.
3. the disclosure of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;.
4. it is necessary for the Company to cooperate with a national government agency, local government or person entrusted thereby in performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations, and when obtaining your consent is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions.
5. it is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound development of children, and when it is difficult to obtain your consent.
6．Request for Disclosure, etc. from a user
Our company shall accept requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use or deletion of the personal information stored on the Site (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Requests for Disclosure, etc.") from the owner of such information. The procedure for Requests for Disclosure is as follows. For procedures other than Requests for Disclosure, please contact the “Administrator and the contact person for inquiries and complaints” specified in 12.
If your password is lost, please click "Forgot Password?" on the login screen and submit your email address registered on the Site according to the form provided. We will send an e-mail to the registered email address. Please reset your password at the URL stated in the e-mail.
Personal information other than password
Please login and check your account information. If you would like to confirm your personal information by other means, please send an e-mail to the following email address.
7．Rights under GDPR (GDPR)
You have the following rights under the GDPR regarding your personal information if you reside in the EU:
1. Right of access: You can request access to your personal information processed by our company.
2. Right of correction: You can request correction of inaccurate personal information of yours.
3. Right of deletion: You can request deletion of your personal information.
4. Right of restriction on processing: You can request restrictions on the processing of your personal information.
5. Data Portability Rights: You can request that your personal information be provided in electronic data. Such data may also be transferred for use in other services.
6. Right to object: You can object to the processing of your personal information.
7. Right to reject automated processes including profiling: You are entitled to reject decisions based solely on automated processes, such as profiling that have a legal effect on you or similar material effect. Our company does not perform automated processes, including profiling, with respect to personal information.
8．Handling of Access Logs
The Site records access logs for the Website. This includes the time of accesses, host names, addresses, referrers (from which page was the link), and agents (browser type and version, etc.). This information is used on the Site to collect information in case of server failures and provision of supports, and to conduct statistics for the purpose of improving services, and is not intended to identify individuals. In addition, no information is disclosed to any third party except as permitted by laws and regulations.
9．Handling of Cookies
The Site issues Cookies. The purpose of cookies is to enhance the convenience of the Site by storing information that Users select on the Site. Cookie is a function that allows the computer system to store the information of your browse through Internet browsers.
10．Retention period of personal information
Upon termination of the registration for the Site, personal information will be promptly and securely deleted unless necessary in connection with any contract or other processing.
11．Adoption of encryption of communication
The Site adopts encryption of communication through SSL on pages that handle personal information of Users (New Application and Control Panel).
12．Administrator and the contact person for questions and complaints
Loftwork Inc. Persons in charge with AWRD
The Personal Information Protection Commission is responsible for supervising personal information.
14. Notable matters
AWRD Organizing Members may handle personal information through an application form.
*Organizing Member using FREE Plan: Entries on the default application form
*Organizing Member using the PRO Plan: Entries on the application form prescribed by each Organizing Member
A Organizing Member shall be responsible for the handling of such personal information in accordance with the rules determined by each Organizing Member, and our company shall not be responsible for such handling.
*Notable matter 2
If you become an AWRD Organizing Member and wish to use the PRO Plan, you shall agree that our company will disclose your personal information necessary for the payment processing to payment agencies for credit cards.
AWRD (the “Website”) is a website operated by loftwork Inc. (“loftwork”). We handle personal information provided to us upon your access to the Website with extreme caution in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act and loftwork’s internal rules and regulations to protect personal information.
Scope of Application
Management of Personal Information
Request of Disclosure of Personal Information
By request from the individual him/herself, personal information retained by the Website will be disclosed in accordance with the following procedures.
If a user loses his/her password, please click “Did you forget your password?” on the log-in screen, and send the e-mail address that the user registered with the Website, in accordance with the prescribed form. Then we will send an e-mail to the registered e-mail address. Please click the URL provided in such e-mail to set a new password.
Personal Information other than the Password:
Please log-in and confirm your account information. If you wish to confirm your personal information by another method, please make an e-mail request to do so to the e-mail address below.
We reserve the right to disclose the user’s information under the following circumstances.
1. When disclosure is required by court, prosecutors’ office, police, bar association or other similar institution;
2. When disclosure is required by other laws and regulations;
3. When disclosure is necessary for the protection of the property, right, life, body or business, etc. of loftwork, the user or a third party, or to protect public interest, and when it is difficult to obtain consent from the user him/herself;
4. When loftwork must cooperate with government agencies, local public authorities or their designees in executing their operations prescribed by law, and when obtaining consent from the user him/herself would prevent their performance of such operations;
5. When disclosure is particularly necessary to improve public sanitation or to promote the sound growth of children and when it is difficult to obtain consent from the user him/herself.
We record an access log for the Website. The items to be recorded are the time of access, host name, address, reference (the page from which the link was made) and agent (type of browser, version, etc.). These records are used to collect information in the event of server disruptions and to provide support on the Website, and they are also used to obtain statistical data to improve services. They are not intended to identify any individual. Furthermore, unless otherwise permitted or required by law, these records shall not be disclosed to a third party.
We issue Cookies on the Website. Cookies will allow users to save information selected by the user on the Website making the Website more convenient.
Security for Communication
On the Website, we provide security for communication with cryptographic protocols by SSL on pages that handle personal information of users (new registrations, control panel).
For Inquiries and Complaints:
loftwork Inc. Site Manager