Innovative Game Design Challenge - Learning Based Entry Agreement
Application Rules / GENERAL AWARD
The Rules set forth matters concerning the “Project hosted by the “Sponsor”.
For people who intend to apply to the Project (the “Applicant”), please make sure to read the Rules carefully. By submitting the work (the “Entry”) to the Sponsor and applying to the Project, the Applicant shall be deemed to have agreed on the content of the Rules.
1. Application procedure
(2) The Applicant needs to make sure to follow application procedure prescribed in the application guidelines of the Project. The Sponsor may decline the submission of the Entry which does not follow the application procedure prescribed in the application guidelines.
(1) The Entry must be created by the Applicant himself/herself, and must be unpublished.
(2) The Applicant represents and warrants, that the Entry does not violate or is not likely to violate any rights of the thirdparty including intellectual property rights.
(3) If the Entry includes material prepared by a third party other than the Applicant (including, but not limited to, arts, images and fonts), the Applicant shall obtain clearance of rights, such as to obtain the permission of such third party, at its own expense and responsibility.
(4) If the Sponsor considers that the Entry violates or is likely to violate the rights of a third party, the Sponsor may exclude it from the examination.
(5) If a third party claims violation of rights to the Project Related Persons in relation to the Entry, the Applicant shall defend and indemnify the Project Related Persons at its own expense and responsibility.
(6) If the Project Related Persons covered the damage compensation or cost based on a third party’s claim of rights violation, the Applicant shall compensate the full amount, regardless of the name.
3. Rights of the Entry
(1) Except as otherwise prescribed in the Rules or in the separate agreement, the Applicant shall retain the rights in relation to the Entry including intellectual property rights, and to the extent it does not violate the Rules, the use of the Entry shall not be restricted.
(2) The Applicant shall permit the use of the Entry without any cost in the following situation.
(a) When the Sponsor uses for the purpose of the Project hosting
(b) When the Entrustor uses for the purpose of advertisement of its business
(c) When Loftwork uses for the purposes of advertisement of Loftwork
(3) The Sponsor may use the Entry in other means than set forth above after the consultation with the Applicant, and the details of condition shall be discussed separately and agreed on.
4. Winning Entry
(1) The Sponsor shall examine the Entry, and by its own judgement, select the winning entry of the Project (the “Winning Entry”) and make announcement by an appropriate means.
(2) The Sponsor may exclude from examination a work which does not follow the application procedure or specification prescribed in the application guidelines. In addition, if the fact became evident after selected as a Winning Entry that the work was not eligible for examination, the Sponsor may cancel the selection as the Winning Entry.
(3) The Sponsor may decide that there is “No Winning Entry” if there is no Entry which is worth winning, as a result of examination
(4) The Sponsor has no responsibility in relation to the examination results, and has no obligation to respond to any inquiry from the Applicant about the examination status and the results.
(5) The Sponsor may use the Winning Entry after the consultation with the Applicant of the Winning Entry (the “Winner”), and the details of condition shall be discussed separately and agreed on.
5. Business or technical information
The Applicant shall not use business or technical information of the Project Related Persons which can be known through the application to the Project for purpose other than the application to the Project, without prior permission by the Project Related Persons.
6. Handling of personal information
The Sponsor shall handle the personal information of the Applicant, in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (including relevant Cabinet Orders, rules and guidelines, the “APPI”), to the extent necessary for achieving the following purposes.
(a) Inquiry from the Sponsor
(b) Notice of examination results from the Sponsor to the Applicant
(c) Project notification from the Sponsor to the Applicant
(d) Other matters which are reasonably relevant to (a), (b) or (c) (including in the case when the Sponsor provides the personal information to a third party)
If you have any questions about the handling of personal information, please contact the Sponsor by using the message of the Project.
7. Points to note
7-1 Prohibited Items
(1) The Applicantshall not take the following actions.
(a) Action which violates the Rules
(b) Action which violates or is likely to violate the rights of the third party including intellectual property rights
(c) Action which causes physical or mental harm to the third party
(d) Action which defames the third party
(e) Action which violates laws and regulations
(f) Action which disturbs public order
(g) Action which is equivalent to (a), (b), (c), (d), (e) or (f).
(2) If the Applicant violates the Prohibited Items or the Sponsor considers it is likely to violate the Prohibited Items, or if the Applicant is recognized as an organized crime group, Sokaiya or other antisocial organization (a group or individual who pursues economic interests by using violence, power or fraudulent means) or equivalent, the Sponsor may exclude such Applicant’s Entry from examination and cancel the participation in the Project.
(1) If the Applicant suffers damage in relation to the Project, such damage shall be fully assumed by the Applicant, and the Project Related Persons shall assume no responsibility.
(2) If the Applicant violates the provisions of the Rules and caused any damage, loss or cost to the Project RelatedPersons, the Applicant shall compensate the full amount.
8. Other matters
(1) The Sponsor may change the content of the Rules any time, by notifying using appropriate means such as email. At the point of login, the Applicant shall be deemed to have agreed to the latest Rules as of then.
(2) The matters not indicated in the Rules shall be determined by the Project Related Persons.